Bad breath is a big disaster and can ruin any person’s day. It’s a major turn off especially if you are a woman. Imagine a scene; you are talking to your crush with a big smile and suddenly his smile turn to frown.
According to studies, bad breath or halitosis occur because of the existence of bacteria in the mouth which result in an unpleasant odor. Causes of bad breath include eating spicy foods, tobacco smoking, dry mouth, postnasal drip, mouth disease, and poor oral hygiene. If you are experiencing bad breath, dental experts suggest that you consult one.
Good news is you can mend your bad breath naturally. There are several ways on how to prevent bad breath.
1. Drink plenty of water. Remember that dry mouth can cause bad breath. Hence, drinking more water can rid of bad breath. If you keep your body hydrated, waste and other toxins can be eliminated.
2. Take vitamin C. A daily dose of vitamin C can help combat bacteria and prevent them from building up in your mouth. Thus, mouth disease like gingivitis can be eliminated.
3. An apple a day. Apples are known to be a nature’s toothbrush which can eliminate numerous kinds of bacteria in the mouth.
4. Salt water as gargle. Try mixing a teaspoon of salt water in a glass of lukewarm water and gargle it. This can help keep your mouth healthy and odor free.
5. Use baking soda as your tooth paste. Baking soda is said to have hydrogen peroxide which can neutralize the acidity in the mouth. Remember that acids in the mouth can make the bacteria go happy.
6. Yogurt for a month. According to studies, eating yogurt for 6 weeks can combat bad breath effectively.
7. Chew some mint leaves. Mint is known to be a mouth freshener and one of the best known natural remedy for bad breath. The chlorophyll found in the mint leaves is the one absorbs the odor and leaves the mouth a refreshing smell.
8. Chew some Neem. It has powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties which can permanently eliminate bad breath of all signs. However, it has a very bitter taste.
9. Chew some Cardamom. If you can’t dare to chew some Neem, try chewing cardamom. It has less bitter taste that neem.
These are just some of the natural ways for you to combat your bad breath dilemma. You can try some of these or try them all.